Drug-Free Poster Contest and Free Family Event
Congratulations to the winners and the runner-ups in the Eagle Country 99.3 and Dearborn County Citizens Against Substance Abuse Drug Free Art Contest. The winner in each of the three grade ranges will receive a $100 gift card.
First Place 6th-8th Grades – Julia Chambers, Greendale Middle School
Runner-Up 6th-8th Grades – Grayce Klayer, Aurora Elementary
First Place 3rd-5th Grades – Ryan Roberts, Central Elementary School
Runner-Up 3rd-5th Grades – Ava Huy, Sunman Elementary
|First Place K-2nd Grades – Karina Hoffman, Aurora Elementary
|Runner-Up K-2nd Grades – Meyer
|Eagle Country 99.3 and Dearborn County Citizens Against Substance Abuse are teaming up to recognize students who get the picture when it comes to drug abuse and having a healthy lifestyle.
We’re introducing the Eagle Country 99.3 and CASA Poster Contest at all schools throughout Dearborn County. The contest will give every student in the county a chance to win a $100 gift card for each age group (K-2nd, 3rd-5th grades, and 6th-8th grades). Each winning poster will also be matted and framed and returned to the winning student. Select winning posters will also be used in advertising campaigns in 2015 and for Red Ribbon Week..
Posters will hang on display in each school and Eagle Country 99.3 & CASA will take pictures of each poster and the top ten from each category will be judged by AIM Young Professionals of Dearborn County then the top two pictures from each grade range will be highlighted here with the students’ first name and their school. Eagle Country 99.3 listeners will pick the winners of the contest in online voting on this page (check back here often).
Everyone is invited to check out all the posters at a special free gallery and cookout to be hosted at the Lawrenceburg Community Center on Saturday, October 31. Eagle Country 99.3 will have a large paper banner for students to sign declaring their commitment to remaining drug- free. Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard will make a presentation. Families attending will also find face-painting, crime dogs, Dearborn County Water Rescue boat, Health Department for vaccinations, fingerprint kits, and more.
We encourage students, parents and school officials to participate in the celebration. All Dearborn County principals and teachers have the information needed to help your student get involved in this exciting partnership for a drug-free county. Our children are the most important responsibility given to us. Let’s help them continue to live a healthy lifestyle!
For more information on the poster campaign see the rules below or ask your child’s teacher or principal. You may also call Eagle Country 99.3 at 812-537-0944 or email us through our Contact Us page.
Students, parents, Dearborn County’s schools, Dearborn County CASA, and Eagle Country 99.3 – Teaming up for a partnership for a drug free county!
POSTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- One entry per student
- Age groups are K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and grades 9th-12th.
- One winner per age group will win a $100.00 gift card, framed and matted poster returned to student, and artwork will be used in future advertising for CASA.
- All posters must be submitted by individual student.
- All art forms will be accepted; water colors, paint, crayons, pencil drawings, markers, etc.
- Poster can be any size from ½ poster to full poster size.
- Poster must be completed and returned to school no later than 10/15/2015 to be eligible for contest.
- THEME MUST REFLECT ANTI-DRUG OR HEALTHY LIVING.
- Decision of the judges is final
- Student should PRINT their name, age, grade, phone number, and which school they attend on the back of the poster so they can be contacted in case their poster is selected in the top 10 and so all posters can be returned to schools to hang during Red Ribbon Week in October.
- CASA & Eagle Country 99.3 will not be held responsible for lost or damaged posters.