Drug-Free Poster Contest and Free Family Event
|Thanks to AIM YP for helping judge the finalists|
|Every participating student will be awarded with this ribbon|
Eagle 99.3 and Dearborn County Citizens Against Substance Abuse are teaming up to recognize students who get the picture when it comes to drug abuse and having a healthy lifestyle.
We’re introducing the Eagle 99.3 and CASA Poster Contest at all schools throughout Dearborn County. The contest will give every student in the county a chance to win a $100 gift card for each age group (K-2nd, 3rd-5th grades, 6th-8th grades, and 9th-12th grades). Each winning poster will also be matted and framed and returned to the winning student. Select winning posters will also be used in advertising campaigns in 2014 and for Red Ribbon Week in October.
Posters will hang on display in each school and Eagle 99.3 & CASA will take pictures of each poster and the top ten from each category will be judged by AIM Young Professionals of Dearborn County then the top four pictures from each school will be highlighted here with the students’ first name and their school. Eagle 99.3 listeners will pick the winners of the contest in online voting on this page (check back here often).
Everyone is invited to check out all the posters at a special free gallery and cookout to be hosted at the Lawrenceburg Community Center on Saturday, September 20. Eagle 99.3 will have a large paper banner for students to sign declaring their commitment to remaining drug- free. Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard will make a presentation. Families attending will also find face-painting, crime dogs, Dearborn County Water Rescue boat, Dearborn County Health Department for vaccinations, fingerprint kits, and more.
We encourage students, parents and school officials to participate in the celebration. All Dearborn County principals and teachers have the information needed to help your student get involved in this exciting partnership for a drug-free county. Our children are the most important responsibility given to us. Let’s help them continue to live a healthy lifestyle!
For more information on the poster campaign see the rules below or ask your child’s teacher or principal. You may also call Eagle 99.3 at 812-537-0944 or email us through our Contact Us page.
Students, parents, Dearborn County’s schools, Dearborn County CASA, and Eagle 99.3 – Teaming up for a partnership for a drug free county!
POSTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- One entry per student
- Age groups are K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and grades 9th-12th.
- One winner per age group will win a $100.00 gift card, framed and matted poster returned to student, and artwork will be used in future advertising for CASA.
- All posters must be submitted by individual student.
- All art forms will be accepted; water colors, paint, crayons, pencil drawings, markers, etc.
- Poster can be any size from ½ poster to full poster size.
- Poster must be completed and returned to school no later than 9/15/14 to be eligible for contest.
- THEME MUST REFLECT ANTI-DRUG OR HEALTHY LIVING.
- Decision of the judges is final
- Student should PRINT their name, age, grade, phone number, and which school they attend on the back of the poster so they can be contacted in case their poster is selected in the top 10 and so all posters can be returned to schools to hang during Red Ribbon Week in October.
- CASA & Eagle 99.3 will not be held responsible for lost or damaged posters.