Drug-Free Poster Contest and Free Family Event
Eagle 99.3 and Dearborn County Citizens Against Substance Abuse are teaming up to recognize students who get the picture when it comes to drug abuse and having a healthy lifestyle.
It’s the second annual Eagle 99.3 and CASA Art Contest at all schools throughout Dearborn County. The contest will give every student in the county a chance to win a $100 gift card for each age group (K-2nd, 3rd-5th grades, 6th-8th grades, and 9th-12th grades). Each winning piece of art will also be matted and framed and returned to the winning student. All art projects can be done at home or at school during an art class if the teacher approves it.
This year we will hold a special Free Family Friendly Halloween art show. All artwork from area schools will be on hand to view throughout the Lawrenceburg Community Center.
Eagle 99.3 will broadcast live from the Community Center on Saturday, October 31st, from 10-1pm.
The event will include:
Halloween Costume Contest with prizes
Safe trick or treating
Wump puppet Show
Licensed Elsa and Spiderman characters
Free hamburgers and hot dogs
Dan the Balloon Man
Giant Jenga Game
Photo Booth and more.
We encourage students, parents and school officials to participate in the celebration. All Dearborn County teachers have the information needed to help your student get involved in this exciting partnership for a drug-free county. Our children are the most important responsibility given to us. Let’s help them continue to live a healthy lifestyle!
For more information on the poster campaign see the rules below or ask your child’s teacher or principal. You may also call Eagle 99.3 at 812-537-0944 or email us through our Contact Us page.
Students, parents, Dearborn County’s schools, Dearborn County CASA, and Eagle 99.3 – Teaming up for a partnership for a drug free county!
POSTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- One entry per student
- Age groups are K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and grades 9th-12th.
- One winner per age group will win a $100.00 gift card, framed and matted poster returned to student, and artwork will be used in future advertising for CASA.
- All art work must be submitted by individual student.
- All art forms will be accepted; water colors, paint, crayons, pencil drawings, markers, etc.
- Art work should be 8 X 11 at the most.
- Must be completed and returned to school no later than 10/27/15 to be eligible for contest.
- THEME MUST REFLECT ANTI-DRUG OR HEALTHY LIVING.
- Decision of the judges is final
- Student should PRINT their name, age, grade, phone number, and which school they attend on the back of the poster so they can be contacted in case their poster is selected as a winner.
- CASA & Eagle 99.3 will not be held responsible for lost or damaged posters.