DCH Announces Scholarship Recipients
Press release from Dearborn County Hosptial
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) – The Dearborn County Hospital Foundation has announced that 16 area high school seniors are receiving $500 scholarships through the Foundation’s High School Senior Scholarship Program. Members of the Dearborn County Hospital Foundation Board of Directors recognized the scholarship recipients at their respective high school awards programs.
Scholarship recipients are selected annually from applicants who have been accepted into degree programs in healthcare fields at accredited colleges and universities. Additional students are awarded grant/loans as part of the Dearborn County Hospital Foundation and Dearborn County Hospital Healthcare Student Grant/Loan Program. Both high school scholarship and healthcare student grant/loan recipients are honored each year in July at a banquet hosted by the Foundation at the Dearborn Country Club.
Students from the class of 2014 receiving DCH Foundation High School Senior Scholarships are:
- Hannah Ascherman of Aurora, a graduate of South Dearborn High School who will attend Xavier University to pursue a degree in Occupational Therapy,
- Sierra Billman of Osgood, a Jac-Cen-Del Junior-Senior High School graduate planning to obtain her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from IUPUI-Columbus,
- Bennington resident and Switzerland County High School graduate Cayli Chase, who will attend IVY Tech-Bloomington and Indiana State University, majoring in Pre-Med/Chemistry,
- Emily Cumberworth, a South Ripley Junior-Senior High School graduate from Holton headed to the University of Indianapolis, majoring in Pre-Med/Exercise Science,
- Laura Detmer of Osgood, a graduate of Jac-Cen-Del Junior-Senior High School who will attend IUPUI-Indianapolis for her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree,
- Rising Sun High School graduate and Rising Sun resident Sydney Elliott, who will major in Occupational Therapy at the University of Indianapolis,
- Kirsten Furnish of Vevay, a graduate of Switzerland County High School enrolled in the Pre-Med program at Hanover College,
- Sunman resident and Batesville High School graduate Brooke Hartman, is headed to Kettering Medical College to pursue a degree in Physician Assistant Studies,
- Batesville resident Jenna Huber, a graduate of Batesville High School who has enrolled in the Radiography/Health Sciences program at Ball State University,
- Caleb Huntington of Versailles, a graduate of South Ripley Junior-Senior High School who will attend the University of Southern Indiana to obtain a degree in Occupational Therapy,
- Shelby Prince of Patriot, a Switzerland County High School graduate seeking her Associate of Science in Nursing Degree at IVY Tech-Lawrenceburg,
- Allison Raible of Brookville, a Franklin County High School graduate who is pursuing her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from IUPUI-Indianapolis,
- Miranda Richter of Sunman, an East Central High School graduate who is pursuing an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree from the Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science,
- Hannah Rose of Aurora, a South Dearborn High School graduate attending Indiana State University to pursue a degree in Speech/Language Pathology,
- Emma Stern of Cedar Grove, a graduate of Franklin County High School who plans to obtain a degree in Radiography and Medical Imaging at IUPUI-Indianapolis,
- Katelyn White of Guilford, an East Central High School graduate who is pursing a degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant at IVY Tech-Lawrenceburg.
For more information about the Dearborn County Hospital Foundation High School Senior Scholarship Program, please call the hospital’s Community Relations Department at 812/537-8190 or 800/676-5572, ext. 8190. Information on the Dearborn County Hospital Healthcare Student Grant/Loan Program is available by calling the DCH Human Resources Department at 812/537-8120 or
800/676-5572, ext. 8120.