7 Arrested in Multi-State Drug Trafficking Operation
By Alison Wiegand
(Hamilton County, Ind.)- After a 6-month investiagaton, seven people are behind bars and police have ended a multi-state drug trafficking operation.
Rushville detectives and Agents with the Regional Narcotics Unit investigated the multi-state drug trafficking operation. The agents with the Regional Narcotis Unit searched a suspicious apartment, located in the 3300 block of West Galbraith in Colerain Township. While searching the apartment agents found roughly 6.5 pounds of heroin along with 4.2 pounds of cocaine, a large amount of cash, four vehicles, electronic items, six handguns and a shotgun. Approximately $740,000 worth of drugs were removed from the apartment.
The Colerain Township apartment was the main location for the drug trafficking operations. In addition, cash recieved from drug sales, heroin and cocaine were stored at this apartment.
The following seven individuals were arrested as a result of this investigation:
– Brian Shephard Sr., 50, two counts of drug trafficking, two counts of possession of drugs, and one count of having weapons under disability.
– Brian Shephard Jr., 22, money laundering.
– Larry Harris, 67, money laundering.
– Alfonzo Sullen, 56, money laundering.
– Ion (John) Barnett, 51, money laundering.
– Kareem Allateef, 22, money laundering.
– Stacie Jenkins, 47, money laundering.