UPDATE: House Fire In Downtown Aurora
Update posted at 11:19 a.m.:
Nobody was injured in a fire that could have quickly gotten out of hand if it weren’t for the eye of an on-duty Aurora EMT.
Firefighters were called to the home at 407 3rd Street just before 9:00 a.m. after EMT Craig Whitham reported seeing smoke coming from the home just across the street from Aurora EMS’ headquarters, said Aurora Police Sgt. Mike Prudenti.
Police officers were the first on scene, locating and extinguishing a small fire that was sparked by an electric receptacle.
“A couple more minutes and it would have been a big deal,” said Prudenti.
Three people were inside the home at the time. They made it out safely. No injuries were reported.
Fire departments from Aurora, Lawrenceburg, and Greendale responded. They had left the scene by 11:00 a.m.
Original story posted at 9:37 a.m.:
(Aurora, Ind.) – Four fire departments are on the scene of a house fire in Aurora Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to the home on the 400 block of 3rd Street just before 9:00 a.m., dispatchers said. Smoke was seen coming from the home.
It is unclear if there are any injuries or what may have caused the fire.
Stay tuned to Eagle 99.3 for the latest on this situation.