EagleCountryOnline.com

Child Nearly Dies After Choking On Hot Dog Bun

Posted On July 24, 2017

By Mike Perleberg

File photo

(Dearborn County, Ind.) – A two-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after choking on a hot dog bun.

According to a news release from Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Lynn Deddens, emergency medical crews responded to a residence in Dillsboro Saturday afternoon for a report of a girl choking on a bun.

The girl was quickly transported by Air Care to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. She is currently in critical but stable condition.

Another incident concerning a child in Dearborn County this past weekend did not turn out as well. A one-year-old girl drowned in a swimming pool during a family gathering in Guilford on Saturday evening.

“Both of these tragic events happened quickly with children getting out of parental supervision for only a brief period of time,” said Deddens. “Thank you to first responders and law enforcement personnel who responded to these events this weekend. Please keep these families in your thoughts and prayers.”