EagleCountryOnline.com

UPDATE: Firefighters Respond To Aurora Home

Posted On March 18, 2014

By Mike Perleberg

Update posted at 11:16 a.m.:

Aurora Fire Department says a fire at a home located at 136 Franklin Street was started by a burning cigarette in a bathroom trash can.

Firefighters were called to the scene at about 6:24 a.m. in reference to smoke in the building. Firefighters went into the home and used fire extinguishers to knock down the flames.

Nobody was injured. Investigators determined the fire was accidental.

Aurora Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Aurora Police Department, Aurora Life Squad, and Dillsboro Fire Department.

 

Original story posted at 6:39 a.m.:

(Aurora, Ind.) – Fire crews are on the scene of a reported structure fire in downtown Aurora Tuesday morning.

The fire was reported at a home on the 100 block of Franklin Street, near Stedman Machine, at around 6:20 a.m. There were reports of heavy smoke.

The home’s residents were believed to have made it out of the home safely.

Neighboring fire departments were also called to the scene.

Eagle 99.3 will update this story as more information becomes available.

0 comments