EagleCountryOnline.com

Fireworks May Have Sparked Blaze

Posted On August 25, 2014

(Batesville, Ind.) – The possible misuse of fireworks is being blamed for a weekend house fire in Batesville.

It was just before 7:00 p.m. Saturday when Batesville and Morris firefighters responded to a home on the 300 block of Eastern Avenue, The Batesville Herald-Tribune reports.

The fire was limited to the wall in one corner of the home. Firefighters extinguished the fire with a hose after chopping through an exterior wall.

Nobody was hurt.

Batesville EMS 10 was also on the scene.