AUDIO: Lawrenceburg Indiana Downtown Vision Session Tuesday
Press release from City of Lawrenceburg
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) – A Community Vision Session has been scheduled as part of Lawrenceburg’s participation in the Indiana Downtown® program. The Community Vision Session will be held Tuesday, August 12th, 7-8:30pm, Ivy Tech 4th floor and the entire community is encouraged to attend. The Community Vision Session is part of a series of meetings that will be held by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (IACT) and downtown experts HyettPalma to define Lawrenceburg’s Downtown Action Agenda. Community input is vital since it will serve as a foundation for the development of an economic enhancement strategy for downtown.
“Indiana Downtown® is an inclusive process that brings together local officials, community leaders, business leaders, and residents. This process builds consensus and kindles valuable partnerships, which are essential to further improve our downtown and its economy.” -Mayor Dennis Carr
HEAR EAGLE 99.3’S INTERVIEW WITH MAYOR DENNIS CARR, LAWRENCEBURG MAIN STREET DIRECTOR, AND DOWNTOWN ACTION AGENDA COMMITTEE MEMBER TOM PALMER IN THE AUDIO PLAYER BELOW.
The Community Vision Session will take place at Ivy Tech from 7-8:30pm. The session will be moderated by downtown experts HyettPalma. Those attending the Community Vision Session are asked to come prepared to answer the following questions:
1. If the citizens, the business community, and the government were to work together over the next 5 years to make downtown the very best it could be, what would you like to see result from that effort?
2. For you to consider those efforts a success, what would downtown look like in five years?
3. What would the property and buildings in downtown be used for?
4. Who would the customers and users of our successful downtown be in 5 years?
5. What kinds of goods and services would you be able to find here?
6. What is the image you want downtown to have five years from now?
Lawrenceburg’s participation in the Indiana Downtown® program will result in a
Downtown Action Agenda, which is an economic enhancement strategy designed to improve downtown’s economy. The Downtown Action Agenda will include the community’s vision of downtown’s future; a market analysis completed by HyettPalma, which quantifies downtown’s retail, office, and housing potentials; a recommended course of action to be implemented over the next 5 years by the private and public sectors; and management recommendations regarding a Downtown Partnership and funding.