L’Burg, Harrison, Taylor To Compete In Reds Futures High School Showcase
By Travis Thayer
(Cincinnati, Oh.) – A number of area high school baseball and softball teams are set to compete in the Reds Futures High School Showcase.
The 7th Annual Skyline Chili Reds Futures High School Showcase presented by Cincinnati Children’s Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics will feature a record 108 high school baseball and softball teams from the tri-state area.
A total of 55 games will be played from April 6-28.
Each participating team will also be invited to Great American Ball Ppark on Sunday, May 6 to participate in a “March at the Majors” parade around the field prior to the Reds vs. Miami Marlins game at 4:10 p.m. MVP’s from the games will be recognized on the field during pregame ceremonies,
Area teams and their game times are listed below:
Saturday, April 7 – Baseball Opening Day
- Taylor vs. Princeton, 3:00 p.m. – P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy (Field #2)
Sunday, April 8 – Softball Opening Day
- Harrison vs. Milford, 2:00 p.m. – P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy (Field #4)
Friday, April 20
- Harrison vs. Lawrenceburg, 7:00 p.m. – Lawrenceburg High School
Saturday, April 21 – Big League Weekend
- Harrison vs. Lakota West, 1 p.m. – Great American Ball Park
Monday, April 23
- Conner vs. Simon Kenton, 5:00 p.m. – Simon Kenton High School
Tuesday, April 24
- Cooper vs. Ryle, 4:30 p.m. – Ryle High School
Wednesday, April 25
- Bellevue vs. Lloyd, 5:00 p.m. – Meinken All-Star Field, Covington
Visit www.reds.com/HSShowcase for additional information and schedule updates.