More Than $243K In Latest Grants From Rising Sun Regional Foundation
Press release from Rising Sun Regional Foundation
(Rising Sun, Ind.) – The Rising Sun Regional Foundation (RSRF) awarded a total of $243,290 in 17 new grants in the fourth quarter of 2017. These grants included:
- $36,000 to Rising Sun-Ohio County Community School Corporation toward a student-developed outdoor courtyard and other projects;
- $9,499 to South Dearborn Community School Corporation for the purchase of a Google Expedition kit;
- $16,000 to Napoleon Community Recreation & Restoration toward tuck pointing and other renovations;
- $40,000 to Batesville Fire & Rescue toward the purchase of cardiac monitors;
- $39,322 to Dearborn & Ohio County Prosecutor’s Special Crimes Unit for the purchase of a surveillance vehicle and equipment;
- $2,500 to Southeastern Indiana YMCA toward the purchase of a NuStep cross training bike;
- $16,000 to Southern Ripley County Emergency Life Squad toward the remount of an ambulance;
- $6,900 to Town of Osgood for the purchase of a skid steer implement;
- $5,000 to Osgood Public Library toward the purchase and installation of security cameras;
- $5,000 to Batesville Community School Corporation toward artist fees for World Percussion Week;
- $5,000 to St. Louis School toward the purchase of wireless microphones;
- $16,069 to Town of Versailles toward the purchase of a GPS location system, as well as matching state funds;
- $30,000 to Holton Police Department toward the replacement of the current police cruiser;
- $5,000 to Ohio County Convention, Tourism, & Visitors Commission toward the purchase of a portable trailer;
- $5,000 to Special Olympics Indiana toward the purchase of a refrigerator and freezer;
- $5,000 to Kids Discovery Factory toward the purchase of a mobile exhibit; and
- $1,000 to Ohio County Public Library toward an expansion of its collection.
Grant applications for the next grants cycle are due Tuesday, January 16, 2018 by 4:00pm. Applications can be downloaded from the RSRF website at www.rsrfonline.org, and can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation was created in 1994 by the City of Rising Sun, and is now funded by the Rising Star Casino Resort, owned by Full House Resorts, Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its Adjusted Gross Revenue. To date, the foundation has received almost $43 million in riverboat funds, of which at least 75% has been granted back to the community.