EagleCountryOnline.com

Parents of Bath Salts Overdose Victim Sue Shop

Posted On February 23, 2012

(Madison, Ind.) – The parents of a Madison man who died in a rock quarry have sued a business which sold him bath salts, the Madison Courier reports.

 

Ryan Moreland, 23, died after swimming with friends in the quarry in Jefferson County last July 21.

 

The pathologist who examined Moreland after his death determined he had died from an overdose of the synthetic drug methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), or bath salts.

 

Moreland’s parents Steven W. Moreland and Judy L. Andrew filed the lawsuit Tuesday in Jefferson Circuit Court. It requests damages from Needful Things Boutique in Madison – the store where Ryan bought the bath salts product Atomic the day before his death.

 

The judge has frozen the assets of the store owner, Julie Marshall, pending the outcome of the suit.

 

In the complaint, attorneys for the parents state two glass vials were found on Moreland’s body. They contained a white powder that tested positive for MDPV.

 

LINKS:

 

DNR Investigates Possible Quarry Drowning