Rabies Clinics Offered In SEI
By Mike Perleberg
(Rising Sun, Ind.) – Rabies vaccination clinics for dogs and cats are scheduled for this weekend and next week.
All dogs and cats that are three months or older must be vaccinated against the disease. After the initial one-year vaccination, a three-year vaccination or a one-year booster can be used to maintain protection against rabies.
Moore’s Veterinary Clinic, located at 119 North Walnut Street in Rising Sun, will have a rabies clinic at its office on Saturday, May 10 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Ripley County will see six rabies vaccination clinics next week organized by Laughery Valley Veterinary Clinic:
- Monday, May 12 at 5:00 p.m. at Milan Fire Department.
- Tuesday, May 13 at 5:00 p.m. at Cross Plains Old School parking lot.
- Tuesday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. at Versailles Town Building (old fire department).
- Wednesday, May 14 at 5:00 p.m. at Osgood Fire Department.
- Wednesday, May 14 at Napoleon Fire Department.
- Thursday, May 15 at 5:00 p.m. at Holton Fire Department.
Cost of vaccination – good for one year – for each animal at the Ripley County clinics is $7. Other vaccines will be available upon request.
Questions about the Ripley County clinics can be answered by calling Laughery Valley Veterinary Clinic at (812) 689-6984.