Share Your Answers To Lawrenceburg Downtown Vision Questions
By Mike Perleberg
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) – Lawrenceburg’s residents, business and property owners, civic organizations, and city officials are all being welcomed to help define the city’s near future.
Lawrenceburg Mayor Dennis Carr says the creation of a Downtown Action Agenda is needed to help the city take advantage of the new Lawrenceburg Event Center and Hotel on the Ohio River levee. The agenda is part of the Indiana Association of Cities and Town’s Indiana Downtown program.
Consultants with national downtown expert HyettPalma will be in town for one week next month to aid in forming the agenda. During their visit, the group will conduct a vision session in which stakeholders will be asked to provide their own answers to a series of questions. Those questions, according to Lawrenceburg City Marketing Director Kelly Will, are:
1. If our citizens, businesses community, non-profit groups, and local government were to work together over the next 5 years to make Downtown Lawrenceburg the very best it could be, what would you like to see result from that effort?
2. For you to consider those efforts as success, what would Downtown look like in 5 years?
3. What would be the mix of uses found in Downtown?
4. Who could the customers and users of our successful Downtown be in 5 years?
5. What kinds of goods and services would you like to be able to find there?
6. What would you like Downtown’s image to be 5 years from now?
The public vision session with HyettPalma will be held on Tuesday, August 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the 4th floor conference room at Ivy Tech Community College, 50 Walnut Street.
Mayor Carr and other city leaders appeared on Eagle 99.3 Tuesday to discuss the Downtown Action Agenda. You can read more and hear the interview HERE.