Smoke No Cause For Alarm At S-D Middle School
(St. Leon, Ind.) – Firefighters were called to Sunman-Dearborn Middle School on the last day of school Tuesday afternoon.
Smoke alarms went off inside the building at about 12:30. School officials say a generator had malfunctioned causing some smoke, but there was no fire.
Students were already outside for an end of the school year field day when the alarms went off. Everybody was safe.
Firefighters were on the scene for about half an hour to check the generator and have cleared the building for students to re-enter.
School leaders say parents were made aware of the situation with an electronic notification system.