EagleCountryOnline.com

Toddler Undergoing Surgery After Being Burned In Grease Fire

Posted On September 25, 2017

By Mike Perleberg

Harlee Falkner is recovering from burns at a Cincinnati hospital. Photo provided.

(Osgood, Ind.) – A local family is seeking help paying medical bills after a toddler was burned by burning hot grease.

Sixteen-month-old Harlee Falkner was severely burned in her family’s home in Osgood on Thursday, September 21. Her father was cooking dinner when the grease caught fire. As he rushed to get the flaming pan out of the home, he accidentally spilled grease onto the child.

Harlee was rushed to a hospital in Indianapolis. She was later transferred to a hospital in Cincinnati where doctors are treating burns on her head, neck, and back.

Mother Megan Falkner told Eagle Country 99.3 her daughter was undergoing surgery Monday.

Friends of the Falkner family have set up a GoFundMe.com page to help them pay for hospital expenses and missed pay as they deal with the crisis. The page has a $3,000 goal. More than $1,000 was raised in the first day.