UPDATE: Man Injured In Fireworks Accident
Update posted Tuesday, July 10 at 11:28 a.m.:
A Moores Hill man injured by fireworks is out of the hospital.
Brian Mitchell, 26, was injured when he slipped in wet grass and a mortar shell exploded near his face last Saturday evening at a home on Main Street in Moores Hill. He was taken to University Hospital in Cincinnati by aircare with serious burns and lacerations.
Relatives say Mitchell has a crushed eye socket and burns on his face. He will likely keep his injured eye, which he can still see out of.
Mitchell may need some plastic surgery as he continues to heal, a family member said.
Original story posted Monday, July 9 at 10:13 a.m.:
(Moores Hill, Ind.) – Fireworks are being blamed for sending a man to the hospital with facial injuries.
EMTs were called to a home at 14413 Main Street in Moores Hill on Saturday at about 10:43 p.m. Brian Mitchell, 26, of Moores Hill, was lighting off fireworks when he somehow slipped and was struck in the face by a firework exploding, said Dearborn County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy David Lusby.
Mitchell was taken to University Hospital in Cincinnati by aircare for treatment of burns and lacerations.
Mitchell’s current condition is not known.