Aurora Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting

Bullets were fired at a home on Conwell Street late Saturday night.

(Aurora, Ind.) – Gunshots were fired into a residence during a drive-by shooting in downtown Aurora on Saturday, September 1.

Aurora Police are currently investigating the shooting. Chief Josh Daugherty says in a news release that shots were fired into the back of the residence on the 200 block of Conwell Street at around 11:30 p.m.

Nobody was injured. The bullets did shatter a window in the back door to be shattered and left multiple bullet holes in the siding.

Police said the property is owned by Charles Billingsley.

Aurora Police are asking anybody with information concerning the shooting to contact the department at (812) 926-1101.

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.
Rating *

Events

Blooming Grove Fire Receives Grant Through State Farm Program

The program provided a total of $1.5 million to 150 volunteer fire departments nationwide

Franklin Co. EMA Outlines Response to Last Week's Historic Flooding

The agency has transitioned from response to recovery efforts.

Aurora EMS Receives Governor's Half Century Business Award

The organization was founded by eight dedicated volunteers in 1950

2026 Team Preview: South Dearborn Ready to Get the "Show on the Road"

The Knights will play their first four games on the road.

Local Sports Report - August 17, 2026

Girls soccer and volleyball highlighted the action on Monday

On Air

Eagle Country 99.3 playing
Dierks Bentley - Sideways

Lady A Compass 10:37
George Strait If I Know Me 10:34
Elle King and Dierks Bentley Worth a Shot 10:27
Tracy Lawrence How A Cowgirl Says Goodbye 10:24